Consider the possibilities of becoming more involved with your law school through the Law Alumni Association (LAA) … career networking, business and practice development, mentoring students, involvement with fellow alumni, financial support of the law school, and social events. However you would like to become involved, there is a place for you!
So, what opportunities are there for alumni?
• Serve as liaison with students (e.g. regular interaction with SBA and other student organizations; facilitator for students with local and state bars; lobbyist for students with administration)
• Serve as a class reporter for Akron Law, the publication for alumni and friends
• Help organize class reunions
• Help coordinate annual LAA events such as: football and basketball outings; Annual Alumni Awards and Class Reunion Dinner; New Student Reception; Commencement Reception; New Admittees Luncheon in Columbus
• Help organize Community Relations events
• Help recruiting and provide admissions assistance regarding prospective students
• Serve as a mentor for students (our "alums-in-waiting")
• Participate in "retrofitting" and assistance with alumni career issues
• Participate in the selection process for alumni awards
• Serve in an advisory function to Interim Dean Reilly and the Akron Law faculty
• Provide assistance with fundraising
• Participate in Street Law™, the Akron Bar Association's award-winning, law-related education outreach program providing attorneys and law students with knowledge and training to teach in conjunction with high school teachers at a variety of schools in the Summit County area.
Live outside of the greater Akron area? Alumni chapters in 13 cities have been established…Canton, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Las Vegas, New York/Northern New Jersey, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Southern California, Southwest Florida, and Washington D.C. These alumni chapters will offer their own social events, applicant and student outreach, and community activities.
For more information, contact Lia Evans, Director of Alumni and Annual Fund at email@example.com or 330-972-5298.